Why Not Lunch With Us

We all know that summer hits Florida early. Like a bat out of hell, the heat swoops in before spring can properly say hello. And it was a very untimely hello this year. Four days of spring isn't nearly enough to get these bods bathing suit ready.

Regardless, here we are. It's 83 degrees and gorgeous outside. Last weekend it was a scorching 92. Nothing is comfortable at that temperature; not even a pool. How do you breath if your face is underwater the whole time? That's exactly where it needs to be in 92 degree weather.

The Blonde Fox pool has been out of commission for a few months now as it struggles to get bathing ready as well. It recently had a school of tad pole larvae taking their sweet time to grow into cute and cuddly baby frogs. Slimy little guys. Don't be alarmed though. I'm taking care of it. We're about a week away from invading that glorious pond. Bbqs. Pool parties. Night time movies from your favorite float. They'll all be here soon.

And I CAN'T wait.

We spent a good portion of last summer drinking daiquiries at the Red Fox pool, visiting the springs, jumping from rope swings, and grilling out more times than I can remember. It was one of the best summers we've had. I'm stoked to do it all again.

Yep. I said stoked.

Lindsay
Labels:

2 comments:

Octohawk said...

Haha I just wrote about summer this morning, and then I read this. I should have just quoted the first 2 paragraphs, because I couldn't have said it better myself (and, well, I didn't).

Lindsay Gigler said...

I wrote this pool side on Sunday while staring at the Red Fox pool rules. As hot as Florida is, there's something charming sweat-filled adventures in the heat.

Post a Comment